Be part of our future and volunteer wherever your competence or interest lies as part of our new Societal Steering Committee!
The Societal Steering Committee includes two subcommittees:
Regional Issues Subcommittee
- Climate Change Initiative
- Industry Growth Initiative
- Regulatory, Governmental & Compliance Initiative
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiative
Member Support Subcommittee
- Student Equity Programme
- Internship, Training & Skills Bank
What we’re watching & reading:
- CAS: Future Fellows March issue
- KBRA: Western Sanctions Weigh on Oil Security Fears and Rising Prices
- Pensions Expert: From Russia with haste
- IFoA: CMI_2021 shows modest fall in life expectancy
- IFoA: Managing the Online Examination Format 14th March
- Barbados Risk & Insurance Management (BRIM) Conference 21st -22nd March. Day 2 includes a panel on The Evolving Business of Pensions with our own Lisa Wade and Stephen Robinson.
- ASHK and IAALS/PBSS Colloquium: Global Pandemic – Beyond the New Normal 27th-28th April
Save the Date: Convention A 19th-23rd September. Including four hours of content from Cathy Lyn and her Diversity team.
Women’s History Month:
- SOA’s Thanks Leadership Series featuring women in the actuarial profession
- CIA: Women in the Actuarial Profession – How to increase gender diversity, equity, and inclusion in the actuarial workplace
- Time’s Woman of the Year, if they’d had such a feature from the start
- IFoA: COP26 – An Actuarial Perspective webinar 23rd March
- CARICOM participates in the Fourth Inter-Governmental Conference (IGC4) on Biodiversity Beyond National Jurisdiction
- Pensions Expert: The metrics of a sustainable future
- The Guardian: Plastic summit could be most important green deal since Paris accords, says UN
- The Guardian: Amazon rainforest tipping point is looming, data shows
- NY Times: Suddenly, oil companies are upbeat again
- SOA: COVID-19 Updates
- The Guardian: Why have some people never caught Covid? The answers could help protect us all
Online CPD attestation for 2021 is open. All Ordinary, Affiliate and Associate Members of the Caribbean Actuarial Association are required to do Continuing Professional Development. Please read the entire CPD Policy here then complete your attestation by logging into the members’ area of our website and selecting the appropriate button from the menu on the left of your screen.
The 2023 International Congress of Actuaries, Bridge to Tomorrow, is taking place next year in Sydney, Australia. Those of you who have been hoping to present at this premier event must submit your abstracts by 31st March 2022. Good Luck! More about ICA 2023 here.
SOA Actuarial Science Early Career Award. The early career award is intended to encourage researchers to contribute to the field of actuarial science and to set examples of excellent actuarial research in colleges and universities. Submissions close on 31st May.
Your News Team: Shubhash, Pedro & Betty
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.