Jamaica’s Ministry of Finance announced last Friday that it had completed issuance of a Catastrophe Bond through the World Bank. The Jamaican government is the first in the Caribbean and the first island state in the world to independently access the CAT bond market. The bond will provide the GoJ with critical disaster insurance protection against losses from named storms across three Atlantic hurricane seasons up to December 2023. More details at the World Bank website.
CBTT: Launch of 2020 Financial Stability Report webinar 5th August.
Watch for public webinars on Diversity, IFRS – 17 and Exam Techniques and…
Details of our Conference 2021!
All Ordinary, Affiliate and Associate members are reminded that online CPD attestation for 2020 closes THIS WEEKEND. Please read our CPD Policy then complete your online attestation NOW.
The SOA has published their slate for upcoming elections. We note with pleasure that our long-time friend John Robinson is on their ballot for President Elect. We urge all our members with SOA voting privileges to participate in these elections which open between 13th – 24th September.
Actuarial articles & webinars of interest:
- IFoA New World New Thinking
- IABA Virtual Annual Meeting 2nd-6th August
- IAA: The Professional Actuary in Times of Uncertainty 4th August
- The Actuary (SOA): Understanding the Mathematics of the Brain
- The Actuary (IFoA): A different perspective of diversity
- About the new IFoA CPD requirements (including a survey & video)
- Bluetide Caribbean Summit 4th-6th August
- Actuview: At the IAA Section Colloquium 2019 in Cape Town, several CAA members participated in Addressing Nutrition, Climate Change and Developing Economies Simultaneously
- Pensions Expert: It’s not easy being green: Analysing corporate treatment of carbon-intensive activities
- The Guardian: Covid has made us use even more plastic – but we can reset – disposable masks, gloves, hand-sanitiser bottles, food containers…..
- NY Times: Climate change comes for rich countries
Food for Thought:
The downside of 21st Century Technology
- The Guardian: Israeli spyware firm linked to fake Black Lives Matter and Amnesty websites – report
- Washington Post: Takeaways from the Pegasus Project
Please visit our website and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty & Pedro
The views expressed above are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.