This Sunday, 27th March, at 1:00pm EST we invite all students (university and high school/secondary school students) to join our free webinar: How to Qualify as an Actuary! The session will be hosted by the Caribbean Actuarial Association’s Student Representative, Nikita Gibson.
Previous CAA Student Sessions:
- Workshop: Basics to P&C
- Workshop: Basics to Life Insurance
- Workshop: Basics to Pensions and Social Security
- SOA Strategies for Success: Upcoming Changes to the Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) Education Pathway
And upcoming from the IFoA: Exam Preparation Webinar: Sitting your Exam: A How to Guide
Next Wednesday, 30th March at 2:00pm EST: Opportunities for Actuaries in Banking Join an engaging session with Lesley Traverso, a pro-active talent search for the global actuarial profession, along with actuaries with extensive banking experience: Iain Allan, Christiaan Opperman and Chris Daykin.
Your presenters will discuss possible roles in Banking, how the new Banking courses will help and other skills that can enhance your position in the Banking Industry. Hear about identifying opportunities, being well-positioned for them and more as the industry evolves and undergoes rapid transformation.
This webinar is Episode 12 of the Diversity of Thought World Series and will be hosted by Cathy Lyn.
Watch Diversity of Thought Episode 11: Disruptions in the Banking System
Social Security Practitioners: Stay Tuned!
What else we’re watching & reading:
- The Actuary (SOA): Improving Strategic Risk Management
- Financial Times: DB and DC Pensions Management Summit 28th April
- ASHK and IAALS/PBSS Colloquium: Global Pandemic – Beyond the New Normal 27th-28th April
Save the Date:
- Convention A 19th-23rd September. Including four hours of content from Cathy Lyn and her Diversity team.
- International Conference on Inclusive Insurance 24th-28th October, scheduled for Kingston, Jamaica. Call for Papers.
Women’s History Month:
- IAA: International Women’s Day. End of celebrations
- SOA: Thanks Leadership Series – Celebration of Women’s History Month
- CCA: Celebrating Women in Actuarial Leadership (recording)
- OECD: Gender Data Portal
- IFRS Foundation and GRI to align capital market and multi-stakeholder standards to create an interconnected approach for sustainability disclosures
- IAA releases Climate Science: A Summary for Actuaries incl webinar on 13th April
- KBRA Launches Carbon Transition Risk Metrics—Carbon Quantum (KCQ) Ratios
- National Geographic: Can India clean up its holiest river? It will take a village.
- SOA: Impact of Covid-19 on Retirement Webcast 19th May
- UNDP: Information pollution significantly impacts online debates on COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean, UNDP and Constella study warns
- Actuaries Digital: Reflections from the COVID-19 Working Group
- Our World in Data vaccination charts and data
Online CPD attestation for 2021 is open. All Ordinary, Affiliate and Associate Members of the Caribbean Actuarial Association are required to do Continuing Professional Development. Please read the entire CPD Policy here then complete your attestation by logging into the members’ area of our website and selecting the appropriate button from the menu on the left of your screen.
The 2023 International Congress of Actuaries, Bridge to Tomorrow, is taking place next year in Sydney, Australia. Those of you who have been hoping to present at this premier event must submit your abstracts by 31st March 2022. Good Luck! More about ICA 2023 here.
SOA Actuarial Science Early Career Award. The early career award is intended to encourage researchers to contribute to the field of actuarial science and to set examples of excellent actuarial research in colleges and universities. Submissions close on 31st May.
Your News Team: Shubhash, Pedro & Betty
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.