Check out The New Actuary, from our Industry Growth Subcommittee, on our social media pages. And coming soon: interviews with individuals who have finessed their actuarial backgrounds into highly successful careers in other industries.
Members under thirty-five are invited to compete in the IAA’s Young Actuaries World Cup, a friendly global competition between young actuaries with the following objectives:
- Engage young actuaries on topical issues;
- Provide an opportunity for young actuaries to showcase their skills under the framework of the profession’s premier global event: the International Congress of Actuaries (ICA); and
- Ensure that younger generations see themselves represented within the IAA and its member associations.
Calling All Students interested in Modelling! The SOA’s Introduction to Modeling: Summer Boot Camp 8th, 9th, 11th, 15th & 16th of August. Registration for Pre-ASAs only US$40.
SOA Member Recognition Program – prizes offered to SOA volunteers include the option to donate US$25 to the Actuarial Foundation’s Caribbean Actuarial Scholarship.
Government of Barbados Press Briefing on the National Insurance Scheme with PM Mia Mottley, NIS Actuary Derek Osborne and others. (YouTube 1:47)
- SOA: Individual Life Waiver of Premium Experience Study
- The Actuary (SOA): Emerging Risks: A Resilient Future
- CAS: Property Pricing When Including Catastrophe Perils
- CAS: ASB Approves Proposed ASOP No. 36 Revision
- CAS Virtual Workshop: Introduction to Python 10th August—14th September
- IFoA: Sessional Meeting: Covid-19 and the Effectiveness of ERM Frameworks 15th August
- SOA: You’re On Mute! Amplify Your Message in a World of Rapidly Changing Technology 17th August
- SOA: Actuary, Data Scientist, or Actuarial Data Scientist 19th August
- SOA 2022 Life Meeting 23rd-26th August
CAA President Simone Brathwaite is part of IACA’s presentation on 19th September. Cathy Lyn and her Diversity team of Tonya Manning, Marjorie Ngwenya, Lesley Traverso and Mitesh Sheth will present on 21st September. Kudzai Chigiji and other friends of the CAA are also included in the Programme.
Early Bird Registration for The 2023 International Congress of Actuaries: Bridge to Tomorrow, in Sydney, Australia, is now open.
The IAA Bursary Congress Fund is available to provide some financial support facilitating the participation of interested candidates complying with the characteristics of the bursary selection process. Bursaries will be allocated at the discretion of the IAA Advice & Assistance ICA 2023 Bursary Task Force and may be for only part of the expected costs. Application deadline is 15th September 2022.
Save the Date:
- International Conference on Inclusive Insurance 24th-28th October, scheduled for Kingston, Jamaica.
- ASSA 2022 Convention 25th-28th October
- 2022 SOA ImpACT Conference 26th-28th October
- AAA Annual Meeting: Envision Tomorrow 2nd-3rd November
- CAS Annual Meeting 6th-9th November
CAA CONFERENCE 2022 – 7th-9th DECEMBER – BARBADOS
- The Actuary (IFoA): Moody’s – Climate Risk Insurers series
- AI (Australia): Climate Risk Resource Centre
- The Guardian: Europe’s worst ever drought: in pictures
- IFoA: Climate Risk and Sustainability Course 12th October –7th December
- AI (Australia): New Research Note – How COVID-19 has affected Mortality and Morbidity in 2020 & 2021
- Deloitte: The impact of COVID-19 on actuarial assumptions
- Our World in Data: Coronavirus resources
- SOA: Pandemics & Paradigm Shifts: ERM in an Intensely Dynamic World Webcast 31st August
Thought for Today:
Just for Fun:
Online CPD attestation for 2021 is closed.
Members who did not attest compliance will be recorded as non-compliant.
Members no longer in active practice should inform the CAA accordingly.
Results of the latest IFRS 17 Survey, conducted by the CAA’s Life Insurance Committee, are available on the Resources page of our website.
Hélène Pouliot, the CIA’s new President and a proud CAA member, looks ahead to her term in office.
Watch Climate Change: Emerging Risks and Opportunities, Social Security: What Lies Ahead? and other past CAA webcasts anytime on our YouTube Channel.
Solving the Ageing Population Crisis in the Caribbean, with speakers including Derek Osborne, is available to watch on the Central Bank of Barbados’ YouTube channel.
Pdf presentations from the recent IAC Annual Conference may be downloaded here.
Your News Team: Mike, Betty, Lindsay, Pedro & Shubhash
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs have been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.