CAA President Simone Brathwaite is part of IACA’s presentation on 19th September. Cathy Lyn and her Diversity team of Tonya Manning, Marjorie Ngwenya, Lesley Traverso and Mitesh Sheth present on 21st September. Kudzai Chigiji and other friends of the CAA are also included in the Programme.
Results of the latest IFRS 17 Survey, conducted by the CAA’s Life Insurance Committee, are available on the Resources page of our website.
Early Bird Registration for The 2023 International Congress of Actuaries: Bridge to Tomorrow, in Sydney, Australia, is now open.
The IAA Bursary Congress Fund is available to provide some financial support facilitating the participation of interested candidates complying with the characteristics of the bursary selection process. Bursaries will be allocated at the discretion of the IAA Advice & Assistance ICA 2023 Bursary Task Force and may be for only part of the expected costs. Application deadline is 15th September 2022.
Calling All Students interested in Modelling! The SOA’s Introduction to Modeling: Summer Boot Camp 8th 9th, 11th, 15th & 16th August. Registration for Pre-ASAs only US$40.
Online CPD attestation for 2021 is closed.
All Ordinary, Affiliate and Associate Members of the Caribbean Actuarial Association are required to do Continuing Professional Development.
Members who did not attest compliance with their primary body by 31st July will be recorded as non-compliant. If you did not attest, please contact the Secretariat.
Members no longer in active practice should inform the CAA accordingly.
What else we’re reading & attending:
- The South African Actuary Magazine
- IFoA Innovation Lab
- SOA: IFRI Certificate Program
- CFA Institute: Alpha Summit recordings
- The Economics of ESG With Rob Johnson (podcast)
- BIBA Business Luncheon Seminar 10th August
- IABA’s 2022 Annual Meeting: Reunited. Reignited 11th-13th August
- ALPFA 2022 Convention 7th-10th August – during which OLA will celebrate their 5th Anniversary
- IFoA: Sessional Meeting: Covid-19 and the Effectiveness of ERM Frameworks 15th August
- SOA: You’re On Mute! Amplify Your Message in a World of Rapidly Changing Technology 17th August
- SOA: Actuary, Data Scientist, or Actuarial Data Scientist 19th August
- SOA 2022 Life Meeting 23rd-26th August
- Actuaries Digital: A once-in-a-decade report from the CSIRO has identified seven global megatrends that will shape the 21st century
- Risk Insurance: Scientists Look to Protect Workers From Climate Change
- Bloomberg: Climate Disinformation Leaves Lasting Mark as World Heats
- Fast Company: Remember all the disposable stuff you used when COVID-19 hit? It made the plastic crisis much, much worse
- IFoA: Climate Risk and Sustainability Course 12th October –7th December
- Washington Post: When you have covid, here’s how you know you are no longer contagious
- The Guardian: UK scientists take ‘promising’ step towards single Covid and cold vaccine
- The Atlantic: How Long Can the Coronavirus Keep Reinfecting Us?
- UNAIDS calls for urgent global action as progress against HIV falters
- SOA: Pandemics & Paradigm Shifts: ERM in an Intensely Dynamic World Webcast 31st August
Thought for Today:
Just for Fun:
Save the Date:
- International Conference on Inclusive Insurance 24th-28th October, scheduled for Kingston, Jamaica.
- ASSA 2022 Convention 25th-28th October
- 2022 SOA ImpACT Conference 26th-28th October
- AAA Annual Meeting: Envision Tomorrow 2nd-3rd November
- CAS Annual Meeting 6th-9th November
CAA CONFERENCE 2022 – 7th-9th DECEMBER – BARBADOS
Hélène Pouliot, the CIA’s new President and a proud CAA member, looks ahead to her term in office.
Watch Climate Change: Emerging Risks and Opportunities, Social Security: What Lies Ahead? and other past CAA webcasts anytime on our YouTube Channel.
Solving the Ageing Population Crisis in the Caribbean, with speakers including Derek Osborne, is available to watch on the Central Bank of Barbados’ YouTube channel.
Pdf presentations from the recent IAC Annual Conference may be downloaded here.
Your News Team: Mike, Pedro, Shubhash, Lindsay & Betty
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.