Did you miss our seminar: Social Security: What Lies Ahead? Watch it now on our YouTube Channel.
Stay tuned for details of our Climate Change webinar, being broadcast on 6th June, the day after World Environment Day. #OnlyOneEarth
The Insurance Association of the Caribbean’s 40th Annual Conference will be face-to-face next month, 5th-7th June, in The Bahamas.
The International Conference on Inclusive Insurance 2022 will take place in Jamaica from 24th-28th October. A call for proposals is now open and we encourage members who are insurance actuaries to consider submitting proposals.
IFoA Council Elections are open. All members who qualify to vote in these elections are encouraged to do so. We note that two good friends of the CAA, Kudzai Chigiji and IIbrahim Muhanna, are both running for seats.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Taking care of our mental health is of critical importance now when, over the past two years, even those of us not usually prone are suffering from stress and worry.
- IFoA: Mental Health Working Party
- IFoA: Mental Health in Life Insurance Webinar (podcast)
- Actuaries Digital: Matt Noyce, Dr Brendan Loo Gee and Joseph Chan presented on ‘Using Artificial Intelligence to Improve Mental Health’.
- RGA: Can Data Help Close the Mental Health Treatment Gap?
What else we’re watching & reading:
- actuview: Mathematical Models for the Uncertainties of the 21st Century
- Pensions Expert: Less than third of schemes regularly track individual fund performance
- IAA ICA Bursary Fund
- CAS Spring Meeting 15th-18th May
- SOA Health Meeting 12th-15th June
- CIA Annual Conference act22 16th-17th June
- IAIS: 2022 Global Seminar 16th-17th June (Croatia)
- IAA: AFIR-ERM & ASTIN Colloquium 21st-2th June
- IFoA: Conference 2022 22nd-23rd June
- Reuters: EU body sets out draft sustainability disclosure standards
- The Guardian: ‘Record after record’: Brazil’s Amazon deforestation hits April high, nearly double previous peak
- FT: Investors at top US banks refuse to back climate proposals
- actuview: Climate-related Risk Management and Opportunities for Life (Re)Insurers
- S&P: Keep Calm Through the Storm – Utilizing Alternative Data to Minimize Climate Risk 17th May
- IAA releases Climate Science: A Summary for Actuaries
- WHO: 14.9 million excess deaths associated with the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 and 2021
- NY Times: The Vanishing Variants: Lessons from Gamma, Iota and Mu
- SOA: Impact of Covid-19 on Retirement Webcast 19th May
- SOA: COVID-19 and Insured Mortality: A Year Later 3rd June
- Reuters Coronavirus Tracker: Latin America & The Caribbean
Thought for Today:
- The Guardian: NFT scams, toxic ‘mines’ and lost life savings: the cryptocurrency dream is fading fast
Save the Date:
- Convention A 19th-23rd September. Including four hours of content from Cathy Lyn and her Diversity team
- International Conference on Inclusive Insurance 24th-28th October, scheduled for Kingston, Jamaica.
- 2022 SOA ImpACT Conference 26th-28th October
Online CPD attestation for 2021 is open. All Ordinary, Affiliate and Associate Members of the Caribbean Actuarial Association are required to do Continuing Professional Development. Please read the entire CPD Policy here then complete your attestation by logging into the members’ area of our website and selecting the appropriate button from the menu on the left of your screen.
The 2023 International Congress of Actuaries, Bridge to Tomorrow, is taking place next year in Sydney, Australia. Those of you who have been hoping to present at this premier event must submit your abstracts by 31st March 2022. Good Luck! More about ICA 2023 here.
SOA Actuarial Science Early Career Award. The early career award is intended to encourage researchers to contribute to the field of actuarial science and to set examples of excellent actuarial research in colleges and universities. Submissions close on 31st May.
Your News Team: Mike, Pedro, Shubhash & Betty
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.