Stay tuned for details of our Climate Change webinar, being broadcast on 6th June, the day after World Environment Day. #OnlyOneEarth
The International Conference on Inclusive Insurance 2022 will take place in Jamaica from 24th-28th October. A call for proposals is now open and we encourage members who are insurance actuaries to consider submitting proposals.
What else we’re watching & reading:
- RGACTUAL: RGA’s new online magazine
- UNDRR: Our World at Risk: Transforming Governance for a Resilient Future
- Insurance Journal: A Fight for Coverage: Cyber Insurance Risk in 2022
- Pensions Expert: Almost half of schemes lacking cyber security testing
- KBRA: Bank Deposits Turn Into Tokens
- IAA ICA Bursary Fund
- CAS Spring Meeting 15th-18th May
- SOA Health Meeting 12th-15th June
- CIA Annual Conference act22 16th-17th June
- IAA: AFIR-ERM & ASTIN Colloquium 21st-2th June
- IFoA: Conference 2022 22nd-23rd June
- The Guardian: Highly contagious marine epidemic rips through Caribbean’s coral reefs
- The Atlantic: There’s No Scenario in Which 2050 Is ‘Normal’
- T&F: Advocating inaction: a historical analysis of the Global Climate Coalition
- EGU: A research agenda towards disaster risk management pathways in multi-(hazard-)risk assessment
- IAA releases Climate Science: A Summary for Actuaries
- UNDRR: Understanding and managing cascading and systemic risks: Lessons from COVID-19
- SOA: Impact of Covid-19 on Retirement Webcast 19th May
- SOA: COVID-19 and Insured Mortality: A Year Later 3rd June
- Reuters Coronavirus Tracker: Latin America & The Caribbean
Thought for Today:
- World Bank: Silver Hues: Building Age-Ready Cities
Save the Date:
- Convention A 19th-23rd September. Including four hours of content from Cathy Lyn and her Diversity team
- International Conference on Inclusive Insurance 24th-28th October, scheduled for Kingston, Jamaica.
- 2022 SOA ImpACT Conference 26th-28th October
Online CPD attestation for 2021 is open. All Ordinary, Affiliate and Associate Members of the Caribbean Actuarial Association are required to do Continuing Professional Development. Please read the entire CPD Policy here then complete your attestation by logging into the members’ area of our website and selecting the appropriate button from the menu on the left of your screen.
The 2023 International Congress of Actuaries, Bridge to Tomorrow, is taking place next year in Sydney, Australia. Those of you who have been hoping to present at this premier event must submit your abstracts by 31st March 2022. Good Luck! More about ICA 2023 here.
SOA Actuarial Science Early Career Award. The early career award is intended to encourage researchers to contribute to the field of actuarial science and to set examples of excellent actuarial research in colleges and universities. Submissions close on 31st May.
Your News Team: Mike, Pedro, Shubhash & Betty
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.