Registration is open for Social Security: What Lies Ahead on Thursday, 21st April at 3:00pm AST/2:00pm EST
Come join us and learn about the regional National Insurance and Social Security schemes:
- How are they similar?
- How do they differ?
- How did they respond to the unexpected Pandemic?
Experienced actuaries who operate in this practice area will share how the COVID-19 Pandemic has impacted benefit design and financial sustainability. The CAA Social Security Sub-Committee looks forward to having a lively discussion with you on these issues and possibly gaining fresh insight in ensuring the financial security of our workforce.
The full recording of our webinar Episode 12 Diversity of Thought: Opportunities for Actuaries in Banking is now available on actuview.
What else we’re watching & reading:
- SOA: Be An Actuary – Nicola Barrett’s Story
- Pensions Expert: Pensions engagement is crucial for prosperity in retirement
- SOA: Problem Solvers (podcast series)
- CAS: When Nontraditional Meets Traditional: Executives Tout Innovative Career Paths and Old School Grit and Determination
- Actuview: Milliman AI and Data Sources in Life Insurance Webinar
- The Actuary (SOA): Thriving in a Technical Field
- BGIS: Region Must Work Together To Tackle External Shocks
- IABA: 2022 Annual Meeting Preview
- CAS: 2022 CLRS – Call for Presentations deadline 22nd April
- Financial Times: DB and DC Pensions Management Summit 28th April
- ASHK and IAALS/PBSS Colloquium: Global Pandemic – Beyond the New Normal 27th-28th April
- Actuarial Foundation: Formula 2022 Virtual Gala 12th May
- The IFoA Conference 2022 22nd-23rd June
Save the Date:
- Convention A 19th-23rd September. Including four hours of content from Cathy Lyn and her Diversity team
- 2022 SOA ImpACT Conference 26th-28th October
- International Conference on Inclusive Insurance 24th-28th October, scheduled for Kingston, Jamaica.
- IPCC: Climate Change 2022: Mitigation of Climate Change
- The Atlantic: The 1.5-Degree Goal Is All But Dead
- AP: UN chief names panel to probe companies’ climate efforts
- IAA releases Climate Science: A Summary for Actuaries incl webinar on 13th April
- Reuters: Risk of type 2 diabetes rises after COVID; organ transplant from donors who had COVID likely safe
- McKinsey: The Next Normal
- The Atlantic: We’re Entering the Control Phase of the Pandemic
- The Guardian: Africa must be self-sufficient’: John Nkengasong on learning the deadly lessons of pandemics (outgoing director of Africa Centres for Disease Control)
- SOA: Impact of Covid-19 on Retirement Webcast 19th May
- Reuters Coronavirus Tracker: Latin America & The Caribbean
Thought for Today:
The Atlantic: In Pursuit of Happiness Event 1st-3rd May
Online CPD attestation for 2021 is open. All Ordinary, Affiliate and Associate Members of the Caribbean Actuarial Association are required to do Continuing Professional Development. Please read the entire CPD Policy here then complete your attestation by logging into the members’ area of our website and selecting the appropriate button from the menu on the left of your screen.
The 2023 International Congress of Actuaries, Bridge to Tomorrow, is taking place next year in Sydney, Australia. Those of you who have been hoping to present at this premier event must submit your abstracts by 31st March 2022. Good Luck! More about ICA 2023 here.
SOA Actuarial Science Early Career Award. The early career award is intended to encourage researchers to contribute to the field of actuarial science and to set examples of excellent actuarial research in colleges and universities. Submissions close on 31st May.
Your News Team: Mike, Pedro, Shubhash & Betty
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.