Be part of our future and volunteer for one of our new Subcommittees Falling under the Societal Steering Committee!
Regional Issues Subcommittee
- Climate Change Initiative
- Industry Growth Initiative
- Regulatory, Governmental & Compliance Initiative
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiative
Member Support Subcommittee
- Student Equity Programme
- Internship, Training & Skills Bank
takes place next Monday and Tuesday, 21st & 22nd March. Several senior CAA members are participating in the event. On day two our President Simone Brathwaite participates in the panel discussion Captive Fundamentals in Business Planning. Later the same day Alison Rose will give an IFRS 17 Update then Lisa Wade and Stephen Robinson join a panel to speak on The Evolving Business of Pensions. There are also several other familiar names on the programme.
What else we’re watching & reading:
- Harvard Law School: The False Promise of ESG
- KBRA: Series of ESG podcasts
- SOA: TCFD Best Practices
- KBRA: A New European Order? The Potential Impact of War, Energy, Inflation and Rates 24th March
- ASHK and IAALS/PBSS Colloquium: Global Pandemic – Beyond the New Normal 27th-28th April
Save the Date:
Convention A 19th-23rd September. Including four hours of content from Cathy Lyn and her Diversity team.
Women’s History Month:
- Pensions Expert: The authority gap: what is it, and why does it matter?
- Mercer: Five ways to break workplace bias
- The Guardian: Companies with female leaders outperform those dominated by men, data shows
- IFoA: COP26 – An Actuarial Perspective webinar 23rd March
- IAA releases Climate Science: A Summary for Actuaries incl webinar on 13th April
- KBRA Launches Carbon Transition Risk Metrics—Carbon Quantum (KCQ) Ratios
- Reinsurance News: New Swiss Re climate policy targets shift away from oil & gas
- Pensions Expert: Engagement essential for schemes to turn the tide on plastic waste
- Deloitte: COVID-19 impact to life insurance and annuity companies
- BBC: Covid deaths probably three times higher than records say
- Jamaica Observer: CDC lowers Caribbean COVID-19 travel warnings
- Our World in Data vaccination charts and data
Online CPD attestation for 2021 is open. All Ordinary, Affiliate and Associate Members of the Caribbean Actuarial Association are required to do Continuing Professional Development. Please read the entire CPD Policy here then complete your attestation by logging into the members’ area of our website and selecting the appropriate button from the menu on the left of your screen.
The 2023 International Congress of Actuaries, Bridge to Tomorrow, is taking place next year in Sydney, Australia. Those of you who have been hoping to present at this premier event must submit your abstracts by 31st March 2022. Good Luck! More about ICA 2023 here.
SOA Actuarial Science Early Career Award. The early career award is intended to encourage researchers to contribute to the field of actuarial science and to set examples of excellent actuarial research in colleges and universities. Submissions close on 31st May.
Your News Team: Shubhash, Pedro & Betty
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.