Videos from our 2021 Annual Conference are NOW ONLINE! If you have not received, or have mislaid, your actuview code please contact the Secretariat.
The IAA I inviting comments on the exposure draft of the proposed International Standard of Actuarial Practice 7 (ISAP 7) on “Current Estimates” and Other Matters in Relation to the IAIS Insurance Capital Standards. Relevant material may be found on their website.
Online CPD attestation for 2021 is open. All Ordinary, Affiliate and Associate Members of the Caribbean Actuarial Association are required to do Continuing Professional Development. Please read the entire CPD Policy here then complete your attestation by logging into the members’ area of our website and selecting the appropriate button from the menu on the left of your screen.
SOA Actuarial Science Early Career Award. The early career award is intended to encourage researchers to contribute to the field of actuarial science and to set examples of excellent actuarial research in colleges and universities. Submissions close on 31st May.
UWI (Official Nominator)invites Applications for Prestigious, £1 Million Earthshot Prize
What else we’re watching & reading:
- The Gleaner: Editorial – Discuss unemployment insurance
- International Social Security Association: New ISSA focal point in the Caribbean – interview with Stewart Haynes
- IAA: January Newsletter
- IFoA: A look back on Mental Health in Life Insurance week (with links to podcasts)
- Minouche Shafik (LSE) and Kristalina Georgieva (IMF) on a New Social Contract (podcast)
- IMF: Supply Disruptions Add to Inflation, Undermine Recovery in Europe
- BIBA: Understanding The Risk Based Approach By Banks When Onboarding Customers 22nd February
- Pensions Expert: DB and DC Pensions Management Summit 28th April
- 2022 CAS Elections: Call for Nominations (deadline 25th Feb)
- IFoA Conference 2022 call for speakers (deadline 28th Feb)
- CARICOM: Caribbean climate talks a complex conversation which must not waiver – Barbados PM
- Pensions Expert: The metrics of a sustainable future
- University of Chicago: Assessing the Costs and Benefits of Clean Electricity Tax Credits
- Actuview: IAA: AFIR-ERM, IAALS, IACA and PBSS Joint Colloquium: Post Pandemic Actuary: What We Have Learnt
- Washington Post: U.S. ‘excess deaths’ during pandemic surpassed 1 million, with covid killing most but other diseases adding to the toll, CDC says
- BBC: Why is Canada’s Covid death rate so much lower than US?
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty & Pedro
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.