Videos from our 2021 Annual Conference are NOW ONLINE! If you have not received, or have mislaid, your actuview code please contact the Secretariat. We’re also actuiew’s list of their Top Ten contributors for 2021!
Online CPD attestation for 2021 is open. All Ordinary, Affiliate and Associate Members of the Caribbean Actuarial Association are required to do Continuing Professional Development. Please read the entire CPD Policy here then complete your attestation by logging into the members’ area of our website and selecting the appropriate button from the menu on the left of your screen.
Here’s an article written by Geoffrey Melbourne, Chair of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Advisory Group of the CIA, for Black History Month. Geoffrey is a Partner and Wealth Canada Growth Leader at Mercer and on the Board of Directors of the Ontario Pension Board. He has also served the CIA as Chair of Editorial Panel, Vice-Chair of International Relations Council, Member of Actuarial Standards Board and Chair – Project Oversight Group – Pension Mortality Study.
Geoffrey Elliot Melbourne, FCIA, born in Jamaica, educated at UWI. Caribbean Actuaries to the World!
What else we’re watching & reading:
- Pensions Expert: Getting the under-30s ready for retirement
- Pensions Expert: Think tank warns old DC schemes can erode member benefits
- WEForum: Global Risks Report 2022
- The Actuary (SOA): Navigating the Future of Work
- 2022 CAS Elections: Call for Nominations (deadline 25th Feb)
- IFoA Conference 2022 call for speakers (deadline 28th Feb)
- Pensions Expert: DB and DC Pensions Management Summit 28th April
- Pensions Expert: New emissions template launched, savers demand green pensions
- CARICOM: CCCCC Wins Energy Globe Award for the Third Time
- MCII: Climate Risk Adaptation and Insurance in the Caribbean
- UNEP: From Pollution to Solution (Report)
- The Atlantic: The Rise of Greenflation
- AAA: Clarifying Misunderstanding of Life Expectancy and COVID-19
- The Guardian: Scientists admit their Covid mistakes
- WHO cites glut of waste from COVID response
- A pandemic of the forgotten
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty & Pedro
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.