Online CPD attestation for 2021 is open. All Ordinary, Affiliate and Associate Members of the Caribbean Actuarial Association are required to do Continuing Professional Development. Please read the entire CPD Policy here then complete your attestation by logging into the members’ area of our website and selecting the appropriate button from the menu on the left of your screen.
Videos from our 2021 Annual Conference are currently being uploaded to actuview. WATCH THIS SPACE. If you have not received, or have mislaid, your actuview code please contact the Secretariat.
What else we’re watching & reading:
- IFoA newsletters library
- Pensions Expert: Financial regulators sign deal to ensure fair compensation
- 2022 CAS Elections: Call for Nominations (deadline 25th Feb)
- IFoA Conference 2022 call for speakers (deadline 28th Feb)
- Pensions Expert: DB and DC Pensions Management Summit 28th April
- MCII: Climate Risk Adaptation and Insurance in the Caribbean
- Searchlight (SVG): The realities of climate change
- The Guardian: Carbon offsetting is not warding off environmental collapse – it’s accelerating it
- Watch for the second part of the IPCC Sixth Assessment Report, to be published on 28th February, on the IPCC website.
Thought for Today:
Workaholics/Procrastinators/Morning People/Night Owls. Maximise your productivity.
- Loop: Two years in: CARICOM & WFP study impact of COVID on Caribbean people
- IMF: New Chart of the Week: Pandemic Scars May be Twice as Deep for Students in Developing Countries
- The Guardian: Why mathematicians sometimes get Covid projections wrong
- The Guardian: Anti-vaxxers making ‘at least $2.5m’ a year from publishing on Substack
Wishing Good Fortune to those of our members and friends who celebrated Chinese New Year, welcoming the year of the Tiger, last Tuesday, 1st February! 新年好
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty & Pedro
4th February 2022
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.