IABA has launched a new timeline website, Black History and the Evolution of the Insurance Industry in America, created to acknowledge historical events and government policies that are foundations of systemic racism in the US, touching on the insurance industry itself and adjacent events that have impacted, and continue to impact, Black people in the U.S.
IFoA launches new Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategy which pulls together a number of key initiatives designed to help the organisation understand, reflect and act to make the profession a more inclusive place for learners, educators, institutions and IFoA members, so they can come together to achieve their goals.
Actuview Year in Review. Last year actuview improved personal user profiles to give users a better overview of their options and actions on the platform. This includes a revised CPD feature that tracks viewing by the second and even reminds users of videos they must finish in order to receive CPD credits.
Remember, ALL CAA members have free access through individual codes assigned to us. If you have not received, or have lost, your code please contact the CAA Secretariat.
What else we’re watching & reading:
- IFoA: Mental health in insurance: Where are we as an industry and how can we improve? 4th Feb.
- CAS: Understanding Potential Racial Bias in Insurance and Lessons from Financial Services 17th Feb.
- CAS: Higher Learning: An Introduction to Hierarchical Linear Models 24th Feb.
- (IFoA): Cyber perils top global business risk ranking
- The Actuary (SOA): Customer-centric InsurTech Innovations
- Pensions Expert: ABI warns dashboards must be interactive to draw in young savers
- The Actuary (SOA): Decarbonizing Our Economy
- The Atlantic: Not Even Free Money Can Fix a Carbon Tax
- IFoA Working Parties: Practical Guide to Climate Change for Life Actuaries; also ones for GI Actuaries, Pensions Actuaries, Investment Actuaries
- IFoA: Pandemics Hub
- MDPI: Assessing the Impact of the COVID-19 Shock on a Stochastic Multi-Population Mortality Model
- NY Times: Omicron and long Covid
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty & Pedro
The views expressed above are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.