Congratulations to Dana Reyes and Tyrese Clement, students at UWI St. Augustine, on being awarded the Fullerton-Long Scholarship. Many thanks to Andrew Long and Norbert Fullerton for their philanthropy.
Other Actuarial Scholarships tenable at The University of the West Indies are the Caribbean Actuarial Scholarship, endowed by Mike and Mary McLaughlin through the Actuarial Foundation, and our own Stephen Alleyne Memorial Scholarship, named in honour of one of our original Council members who passed away in 2007.
What else we’re watching & reading:
- Pensions Expert: 2022: How data can go wrong
- Jamaica’s Houses of Parliament PUBLIC NOTICE: Joint Select Committee of Parliament has been appointed to consider and report on its review of “The Protected Disclosures Act, 2011” (“Whistle Blower” Act)
- IMF: Fragile and Conflict-Affected Economies Are Falling Further Behind
- IMF: A New Trust to Help Countries Build Resilience and Sustainability
- The Actuary (IFoA): UK’s third climate change risk assessment published
- The Actuary (IFoA): Decarbonizing Our Economy
- Actuaries Digital (Aus): Credit rating agencies in managing climate risk
- AAA: RESEARCH REPORT on Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Climate Risk Disclosure Survey
UWI Mona Department of Mathematics has asked us to share the following job opening: Senior Lecturer/ Lecturer in Actuarial Science
- Actuary.eu: Life and non-life insurance are the two sides of the Covid-19 coin
- NY Times: Omicron and long Covid
- ECLAC Will Release the Latest Poverty and Inequality Figures in the Context of the Prolonged Health and Social Crisis Linked to COVID-19
- Loop: COVID study sheds light on vaccine hesitancy in 6 Caribbean countries
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty & Pedro
The views expressed above are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.