Most of us have been following COP26 and have heard some sound decisions being made. Let’s hope these are put into practice. Watch live, or catch up on what you missed, on COP26 TV. Here’s a useful Glossary of terms used and regular updates from the Guardian, as well as additional coverage from the BBC.
- IAA: Actuaries continue to support commitments to address climate risks
- CCRIF: 20 lessons learned from the Climate Risk Adaptation and Insurance in the Caribbean (CRAIC) project
- Morgan Stanley: How Carbon Farming Can Help Save the Earth
- National Academy of Science USA: Plastic waste release caused by COVID-19 and its fate in the global ocean
What else we’re watching & reading:
- IFoA: The Growth Mindset for Actuaries – web series, 13th October – 8th December
- IAA: Solvency II Review 25th November
- IAA: The Next Bold Step for the Banking Fellowship 1st December
- Pensions Expert: Why the ‘S’ in ESG matters and how schemes can better understand it
- The Actuary (SOA): Is There Really a Generation Gap?
- Actuarial Review (CAS): Beyond Triangles: Capturing Insights From New Analytic Technology
- ICA2023: Call for Abstracts
Thought for Today:
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty & Pedro
The views expressed above are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!