The Caribbean was on the front page at the opening of COP26 when Hon. Mia Amor Mottley, Prime Minister of Barbados, spoke during the Opening Ceremony.
You can watch the entire Opening Ceremony (1:45) on the UN YouTube channel.
The Actuarial Society of Kenya (TASK) 2021 Actuarial Convention: Greening the Financial Systems, 4th-5th November. CAA President Kyle Rudden will be speaking at this event.
Read actupool’s recent interview with our own Cathy Lyn on The importance of diversity of thought for the actuarial profession.
What else we’re watching & reading:
- IFoA: The Growth Mindset for Actuaries – web series, 13th October – 8th December
- IAA: Solvency II Review 25th November
- UK.gov: Actuaries in Government Blog
- Pensions Expert: How to make your scheme cyber resilient
- Actupool: Imagine an actuary working at ZEISS Microscopy… someone following a different path
- ICA2023: Call for Abstracts
- Jamaica at COP26
- Antigua at COP26
- Caribank: CDB President cites sustainable energy transition as a necessity for Caribbean development
- The Guardian: I chaired Cop21 when we delivered the Paris agreement. We must go further in Glasgow
- The Guardian: Too hot to handle: can our bodies withstand global heating?
Thought for Today: Words or Actions?
- The dirty dozen: meet America’s top climate villains
- Apple and Disney among companies backing groups against US climate bill
- Schemes enable more CO2 than entire UK carbon footprint
SOA CANDIDATES who missed our recent webinar: SOA Strategies for Success – Upcoming changes to the Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) Education Pathway, can now watch it online.
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty & Pedro
The views expressed above are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!