Hello Colleagues & Friends,
With COP26 less than a week away, our Climate Corner has taken control of today’s post!
You can follow this extremely important world event live, from 31st October to 12th November, on the COP26 YouTube Channel and read more on their website. You may find What Is COP26? And Other Questions About the Big U.N. Climate Summit, from the New York Times, a useful reference, and Document leak reveals nations lobbying to change key climate report from the BBC will give you something to think about.
The Global Monitoring Laboratory, which follows greenhouse gases in our atmosphere, will surely open your eyes.
The Green Climate Fund, coming out of the Paris Agreement, is relevant to least developed countries (LDCs) and small island developing states (SIDS).
Other related events and articles:
- Caribbean ESG & Climate Financing Summit 17th-18th November
- New York Times Climate Hub from 3rd-11th November
- The climate disaster is here Stats and graphs from the Guardian
- The Key Insight That Defined 50 Years of Climate Science from the Atlantic
- Mobilising finance to immobilise climate change from Pensions Expert
What else we’re watching & reading:
- The International Conference on Inclusive Insurance 2021, from 25th-29th October, originally scheduled for Jamaica, is happening now online
- 2021 SOA ImpACT Conference is also on now
- IFoA: The Growth Mindset for Actuaries – web series, 13th October – 8th December
- The Actuarial Society of Kenya (TASK) 2021 Actuarial Convention: Greening the Financial Systems, 4th-5th November. CAA President Kyle Rudden will be speaking at this event.
- IAA: Interview with Fred Rowley on the IAA’s involvement in capacity building for Insurance Supervisors
- ICA2023: Call for Abstracts
SOA CANDIDATES who missed our recent webinar, SOA Strategies for Success – Upcoming changes to the Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) Education Pathway, can now watch it online.
Our Annual Conference is FREE for Students and just US$100 for everyone else!
The Casualty Actuarial Society will be collaborating with us for the Professionalism Course on Wednesday, 8th December. This carries a separate Registration of US$150:
- Professionalism Storytelling with Pat Teufel
- Snappers: Quick Professionalism with Bryan Ware
- Case Studies with Ken Williams
- Breakout Sessions with Ron Kozlowski
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty & Pedro
The views expressed above are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.