ATTENTION SOA Candidates – TOMORROW:
The CAA will be streaming SOA Strategies for Success – Upcoming changes to the Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) Education Pathway on Thursday, 14th October at 5:00pm EDT/AST, 4:00pm EST/Jamaica.
This is an opportunity for all university and actuarial students, career changers and employers to hear from and talk to SOA representatives about their new developments including:
- Changes to the Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) education pathway
- Opportunities for recognition of your achievements through micro-credentials
- Affiliate membership with benefits that open doors for aspiring actuaries
IACA/AFIR-ERM/IAALS/PBSS Virtual Colloquium: Post Pandemic Actuary: What We Have Learnt, 11th-15th October includes Episode 10 of the Diversity of Thought Series: Emphasize the “I” in DE&I for Actuaries on 15th October.
The Actuarial Society of Kenya (TASK) 2021 Actuarial Convention: Greening the Financial Systems, 4th-5th November. CAA President Kyle Rudden will be speaking at this event.
The Fullerton-Long Caribbean Scholarship, open to Commonwealth Caribbean students studying Mathematics or Actuarial Science in their 2nd or 3rd year at the University of the West Indies. Further Details.
What else we’re watching & reading:
- CAS: In Focus Virtual Seminar 13th October
- IFoA: The Growth Mindset for Actuaries – web series, 13th October – 8th December
- IAA: International Actuarial Note on IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts 18th October
- ICA2023: Call for Abstracts
- Global Business Week 2021, Barbados is looking for volunteers to interact with students from UWI and other tertiary and secondary institutions at their Virtual Careers Showcase on 26th October
- Rise of the African institutional investors by Norbert Fullerton
- UWI TV: Launch of the Global Institute for Climate-Smart and Resilient Development
- IMF F&D: Magazine: Economics Nature’s Way
- The Guardian: Fossil fuel industry gets subsidies of $11m a minute, IMF finds
- NY Times: Nobel Prize in Physics Awarded for Study of Humanity’s Role in Changing Climate
Food for Thought:
- BBC: A simple guide to the Pandora Papers leak
- Forbes: The Pandora Papers Shed New Light On The U.S. As A Tax Haven
- NY Times: A Money Bomb With Political Ripples
- The Guardian: Inside the Pandora papers (25min podcast)
Today, 13th October, is the United Nations International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction International cooperation for developing countries to reduce their disaster risk and disaster losses. #OnlyTogether #DRRday
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty & Pedro
The views expressed above are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.