ATTENTION SOA Candidates:
The CAA will be streaming SOA Strategies for Success – Upcoming changes to the Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) Education Pathway on Thursday, 14th October at 5:00pm EDT/AST, 4:00pm EST/Jamaica.
This is an opportunity for all university and actuarial students, career changers and employers to hear from and talk to SOA representatives about their new developments including:
- Changes to the Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) education pathway
- Opportunities for recognition of your achievements through micro-credentials
- Affiliate membership with benefits that open doors for aspiring actuaries
Official virtual launch of NAWA: Network of Actuarial Women and Allies TOMORROW, 7th October from 3:00 -5:00pm EDT/AST. 2:00-4:00pm EST.
IACA/AFIR-ERM/IAALS/PBSS Virtual Colloquium:
Post Pandemic Actuary: What We Have Learnt, 11th-15th October
includes Episode 10 of the Diversity of Thought Series: Emphasize the “I” in DE&I for Actuaries
What else we’re watching:
- CAS: In Focus Virtual Seminar 13th October
- IFoA: The Growth Mindset for Actuaries – web series, 13th October – 8th December
- IAA: International Actuarial Note on IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts 18th October
- UN: Barbados – Prime Minister Addresses United Nations General Debate, 76th Session (recording)
What we’re reading:
- ICA2023: Call for Abstracts
- IAA: September Newsletter
- CIA: A Mathematical Model for Assessing the Impacts of Policies Related to the Funding of Pension Plans
- AlgorithmWatch: AI Ethics Guidelines Global Inventory
- IAA: Climate-Related Scenarios Applied to Insurers and Other Financial Institutions (recording)
- SOA Research Institute: Catastrophe and Climate
- Pensions Expert: Should regulators take the lead on ESG in pensions?
- The Guardian: ‘Green growth’ doesn’t exist – less of everything is the only way to avert catastrophe
Food for Thought:
Why did almost the entire world stand still for six hours last Monday because one organisation went offline?
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty & Pedro
The views expressed above are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.