We are thrilled to celebrate John Robinson’s success in the recent SOA Elections!
ATTENTION SOA Candidates:
The CAA will be streaming SOA Strategies for Success – Upcoming changes to the Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) Education Pathway on Thursday, 14th October at 5:00pm EDT/AST, 4:00pm EST/Jamaica. Registration opening soon.
This is an opportunity for all university and actuarial students, career changers and employers to hear from and talk to SOA representatives about their new developments including:
- changes to the Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) education pathway
- opportunities for recognition of your achievements through micro-credentials, and
- Affiliate membership with benefits that open the door to aspiring actuaries’ future.
IACA/AFIR-ERM/IAALS/PBSS Virtual Colloquium: Post Pandemic Actuary: What We Have Learnt, 11th-15th October, includes Episode 10 of the Diversity of Thought Series: Emphasize the “I” in DE&I for Actuaries
Official virtual launch of NAWA: Network of Actuarial Women and Allies on 7th October from 3:00 -5:00pm EDT/AST. 2:00-4:00pm EST.
Suggested Weekend Reading and Watching:
- UN News: ‘Overwhelmed by old challenges’, Caribbean leaders say COVID-19 has forced a new battle for the survival of their nations
- UN: Barbados – Prime Minister Addresses United Nations General Debate, 76th Session
- LOOP: COVID-19 news across the region
- The Guardian: Covid has wiped out years of progress on life expectancy, finds study
- NEJM: Protection of BNT162b2 Vaccine Booster against Covid-19 in Israel
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty & Pedro
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.