ATTENTION SOA CANDIDATES:
The CAA in association with the SOA will present a webinar on SOA Exam Techniques on Thursday, 14th October at 5:00pm EST, 4:00pm AST/EDT. Presenters from the SOA will go through all the recent changes to their educational requirements and exams.
Registration information will be shared within the week.
Something Special: Official virtual launch of NAWA: Network of Actuarial Women and Allies 7th October from 3:00 -5:00pm EDT/AST. 2:00-4:00pm EST.
What else we’re watching:
- CAS: In Focus Virtual Seminar 13th October
- IFoA: The Growth Mindset for Actuaries – web series, 13th October – 8th December
- IAA: International Actuarial Note on IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts 18th October
What we’re reading:
- IFoA: The Poverty Premium in Insurance
- SOA: Exciting Educational Enhancements
- ICA2023: Call for Abstracts
- IFoA: Sustainability Series: Net Zero: Putting Interventions into Practice – 7th October
- This study suggests that after a forest burns it will take 100 years of regrowth to scrub an amount of CO2 equal to what it produced while burning.
- NY Times: California’s Wildfires Had an Invisible Impact: High Carbon Dioxide Emissions
- The Guardian: Deep impact: the underwater photographers bringing the ocean’s silent struggle to life
- The Guardian: Waste from one bitcoin transaction ‘like binning two iPhones’
Food for Thought:
Will we ever strike the right balance that allows thought leaders to express their ideas yet still blocks the bigots and predators?Where do we draw the line? The Atlantic:How much intellectual life is now stifled because of fear of what a poorly worded comment would look like if taken out of context and spread on Twitter?
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty & Pedro
The views expressed above are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.