13th September, 8:00am EST, 9:00am EDT/AST: Continuing the conversation started at the CAA 2020 Annual Conference: The Power of Diversity of Thought: Inclusion in the Actuarial Profession, Pt 2 with Mitesh Sheth FIA (UK), Marjorie Ngwenya FIA (S. Africa), Tonya Manning FSA (USA) and Cathy Lyn FIA FSA (Jamaica)
15th September, 4:00pm EST, 5:00pm EDT/AST IABA shines their Spotlight on John Robinson, IABA Past President, Candidate for SOA President Elect. Here’s John’s campaign page at SOA.
Save the Date: 6th to 10th December – CAA Annual Conference 2021 – CHANGE: Embracing the Disruption
Suggested Reading & Viewing:
- IAA: International Actuarial Note 100: Application of IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts
- CARICOM African Leaders Identify Areas of Co-operation at Historic First Summit
- IMF: How the world can make the most of new special drawing rights
- IDB: Seven considerations in reforming pension systems in the Caribbean
- Pensions Expert: Pandemic impacts DB schemes’ deficit recovery periods
- IFoA: Technological Change and Competence in New Areas 14th September
- Dive In Festival: Celebrating Diversity and Inclusion in Insurance 21st – 23rd September
- The Atlantic: The Atlantic Festival 22nd-24th & 27th-30th September
- IACA / AFIR-ERM / IAALS / PBSS Virtual Colloquium: Post Pandemic Actuary: What We Have Learnt 11th-15th October
- CAS: In Focus Virtual Seminar 13th October
- IMF Finance & Development: The Climate Issue
- Net Zero Building at UWI Mona
- IAA Climate-Related Scenarios Applied to Insurers and Other Financial Institutions
- The Atlantic: When the Climate Crisis Becomes Unignorable
- Governments of Seven Countries: Climate Action in the Americas (recording of recent webinar)
- Climate Signals: Atmospheric Moisture Increase
- PAHO: Suicide prevention must be prioritized after 18 months of COVID-19 pandemic
- RIO Times: Seven Caribbean countries consider amending constitutions to mandate vaccination
- The IMF and COVID-19 (includes IMF/WHO Vaccine Tracker)
- Washington Post: Here’s what we know about the mu variant
- Nature: Origins of SARS-CoV-2: window is closing for key scientific studies (Authors of the March WHO report)
Your feedback and contributions are highly valued. Please continue to share with us.
Please visit our website and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty & Pedro
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.