Happy Independence Day to our members and friends in Trinidad and Tobago who celebrated their 59th year yesterday!
On 2nd September 1895 actuaries from around the world met for the first International Congress of Actuaries in Brussels, Belgium. This event is commemorated annually with International Actuaries’ Day.
As part of the Celebration, the IAA is publishing a series of interviews with actuaries from around the world. Here’s our own Lisa Wade.
The Power of Diversity of Thought: Episode 9 – Promoting Inclusion in the Actuarial Profession, Pt 2
With Mitesh Sheth, Tonya Manning, Marjorie Ngwenya and Cathy Lyn
13th September at 8:00am EST, 9:00am EDT/AST
The SOA has published their slate for upcoming elections. We note with pleasure that our long-time friend John Robinson is on the ballot for President Elect. CAA member Nikhil Asnani, who achieved his fellowship at the age of 23, is a candidate for the SOA’s International Section. You will remember Nikhil as the Chair of our 2018 Conference in Jamaica.
We encourage our members with SOA voting privileges to support these two candidates in their bids for office. SOA elections open between 13th – 24th September.
Articles & webinars of interest:
- SOA: Inside InsurTech: Virtual Roundtable – Venture Capital 9th September
- IFoA: Technological Change and Competence in New Areas 14th September
- Dive In Festival: Celebrating Diversity and Inclusion in Insurance 21st – 23rd September
- The Atlantic: The Atlantic Festival 22nd-24th & 27th-30th September
- CAS: In Focus Virtual Seminar 13th October
- SOA: Research Institute, Continuing the SOA’s Trusted and Innovative Research on Risk
- The Actuary (IFoA): IFRS 17: Defining the discount rate
- UN Women: In the Spotlight… Caribbean
- CIA: 14th Survey of Emerging Risks
- Pensions Expert: Pension funds need better data to measure up on carbon
- The Actuary (IFoA): Various articles on the Environment & Climate Change
- IFoA: Sustainability Series: What do developing countries need from COP26? 6th September
- PAHO: Conference on Climate Change and Health in Small Island Developing States: Focus on the Caribbean 5th-8th October
Save the Date: 6th to 10th December
CAA Annual Conference 2021 – CHANGE: Embracing the Disruption
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty & Pedro
The views expressed above are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.