Reminder: CPD attestation for 2020 closes tomorrow, 31st July, at midnight.
For the long weekend, celebrating Emancipation Day, we offer a wide range of reading and viewing selections.
- The SOA has comprehensive COVID-19 resources including A Tool for Tabulating Johns Hopkins University’s Coronavirus Database: 07/26/21
- CAS: Interplay between Epidemiology and Actuarial Modeling
- PAHO: Considerations on Vaccination and International Travel
- ECLAC: Latin America and the Caribbean Should Develop Regional Platforms for Producing and Distributing Vaccines and Medicines
- PAHO: Latin America and Caribbean face an “avalanche of worsening health issues” if COVID-19 disruption of health services continues
- UWI Media: Fighting Covid-19: Science in Action Pt 1 (2-hr recording)
- Media Institute off the Caribbean: The Private Sector’s Response to COVID-19 in the Caribbean
- IMF Blog: Weekend Read: Two-Track Pandemic Recovery | Digital Money and Cryptoassets | Low-Income Countries | Informal Economy | Dominican Republic | India
- McKinsey: Coronavirus’ business impact: Evolving perspective
- NY Times: Covid Has Created a Scale of Family Loss Not Seen Since AIDS
- Imperial College: COVID-19 Orphanhood (select country at top left)
- NY Times: C.D.C. Internal Report Calls Delta Variant as Contagious as Chickenpox
CAA Conference 2021 planning is in full swing. We will soon start posting updates and welcome your suggestions.
The Olympics are in full gear. Our small Caribbean nations are world-beaters, especially in track, while swimming and field events offer promise. We each follow our country’s team avidly but can see a round—up of the entire region’s representatives at LOOP News.
Thanks for your support. Your feedback and contributions are highly valued.
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty and Pedro
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.