Thanks to all our members who attended last week’s informative Town Hall. We had a great turnout and those who attended took full advantage of the open chat right after. You’ll see more open chats after webinars in the coming months and after some of our Annual Conference sessions.
Watch for public webinars on Diversity, IFRS 17 and Exam Techniques and…
Details of our Conference 2021!
All Ordinary, Affiliate and Associate members are reminded that online CPD attestation for 2020 closes on 31st July. Please read our CPD Policy then complete your online attestation before that date.
Actuarial articles & webinars of interest:
- The Actuarial Women’s Committee (South Africa): Parenthood Roundtable 28th July
- IAA: Pricing Long-Term Life Ins. in Low-Interest Rate Environment 29th July
- IABA Virtual Annual Meeting 2nd-6th August
- IAA: The Professional Actuary in Times of Uncertainty 4th August
- The Actuary (SOA): Being Reactive
- World Bank: Financial Protection Forum Blog
Have a look at Brilliant’s learning concept.
All about the new IFoA CPD requirements (including a survey & video)
The SOA has published their slate for upcoming elections. We note with pleasure that our old friend John Robinson is on the ballot for President Elect. We urge all our members with SOA voting privileges to participate in these elections which open between 13th – 24th September.
- Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre
- The Guardian: Amazon rainforest now emitting more CO2 than it absorbs
- International Energy Agency: With only 2% of governments’ recovery spending going to clean energy transitions, global emissions are set to surge to an all-time high
- Pensions Expert: Don’t wait to be grey to be green
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty & Pedro
The views expressed above are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.