- The Actuary (SOA): All Eyes on the Leader
- The Actuary (SOA): Thriving in a Changing Environment
- Playing the game: mastering your exam technique
- The Actuary (IFoA): IFRS 17 to cost insurers up to $20bn
- AI (Australia): Identity in actuarial careers by Lesley Traverso
- IABA Newsletter: The Voice
- Actuview relaunches with new features including downloadable CPD log
- ASSA: Annual Convention Call for Papers
Events & Webinars:
- CERA Global Risk Conference – Pre-recorded sessions already up. Live stream sessions tomorrow, 17th June.
- 2 For 1 Summer and Winter IAA Virtual Olympics start 21st June
- IFoA Presidential Address 2021
ICA 2023 Bridge to Tomorrow – 28th May-1st June 2023, Sydney, Australia
Stay tuned for details of an exciting CAA Webinar – Extending the Actuaries’ Reach!
Food for Thought
Do we brainwash our children into gender roles from birth? Girls help with housework, boys told to “go play outside”. Girls allowed to show emotions, boys encouraged to hide theirs.
- The Guardian: Children are straitjacketed into gender roles in early adolescence, says study
- The Atlantic: The Miseducation of the American Boy
- Unlimited Potential – the final report of the Commission on Gender Stereotypes in Early Childhood
- The Actuary (IFoA): Climate risk scenarios for pension schemes
- AI (Australia): Updated Climate Risk Working Group microsite now live
- The Guardian: Climate crisis to shrink G7 economies twice as much as Covid-19, says research
- NY Times: Carbon Dioxide in Atmosphere Hits Record High Despite Pandemic Dip
To The World
Caribbean medicine making waves internationally
- Henry Lowe, primarily in cancer research
- Deborah Persaud, paediatric HIV, one of Time magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world
- Velma Scantlebury, first black female transplant surgeon in the USA
- Carissa Etienne, PAHO Director
- Sen. (Canada) Rosemary Moodie, paediatrician working towards health equity
- A high fidelity tissue-based cardiac surgical simulator, developed by a team from UHWI
Elections are open in several actuarial bodies. We encourage all who have voting rights in any of these bodies to exercise those rights.
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty, Pedro and Brian
The views expressed above are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.