- The Actuary (SOA): Interview with Ronald Poon Affat about his writing and Actuary Out of the Box blog
- Open DRI: Responsible Artificial Intelligence for Disaster Risk Management
- Pensions Expert: Should pension schemes invest in cryptocurrencies?
- Pensions Expert: Muslims missing out on pensions worth £13bn due to sharia concerns
- NOAA: 2021 Hurricane Season
- IAA Annual Report 2020
- Actuview relaunches with new features including downloadable CPD log
- ASSA: Annual Convention Call for Papers
Events & Webinars:
Stay tuned for details of an exciting CAA Webinar – Extending the Actuaries’ Reach – on 24th June!
Food for Thought
Different generations, different nationalities and way different careers. What could a football star and a former US President possibly have in common? Barack Obama meets Marcus Rashford: A Conversation (Penguin Books on YouTube)
- The Guardian: Non-fungible tokens aren’t a harmless digital fad – they’re a disaster for our planet
- Digiconomist: Bitcoin Energy Consumption Index
To The World
Here are some of our Caribbean people who hold key positions with international bodies:
- Patrick Robinson, Judge, International Court of Justice
- Catherine Pollard, UN undersecretary-general for management strategy, policy and compliance
- Pamela Coke-Hamilton, Executive Director of the International Trade Centre
- Kathy Ann Brown, International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea
- Cleopatra Doumbia-Henry, President of the World Maritime University
- Jennifer Lester, Director of Corporate Services and Facilities at the IMF
- Neil Parsan, Secretary for Integral Development at OAS
Elections are open in several actuarial bodies. We encourage all who have voting rights in any of these bodies to exercise those rights.
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty, Pedro and Brian
The views expressed above are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.