We hope you are all staying safe. Remember that vaccines take about two weeks to become effective. Also, one must still practise the COVID-19 protocols. Social distancing, mask wearing and sanitising are all still essential until the virus spread is under control.
We have not seen a significant reduction in new cases but there has been a significant increase in deaths.
Suggested Weekend Reading:
- CARICOM: Be More Strategic, Press on Urgently with CSME – Trade Ministers Advised
- CARICOM: CARICOM Prioritised in US Vaccine Sharing Strategy
- CARPHA 65th Annual Conference: Pandemic, NCDs and Climate Change – The Caribbean’s Triple Threat 16-19 June
- LOOP: Antigua and Barbuda to raffle off parcel of land as vaccine incentive
- NY Times: The Caribbean Conundrum: United by Tourists, Divided by Covid
- IMF Weekend Read: A Call to Action | Assessing Climate Change | Emerging Markets | Labor Policies
- McKinsey: Coronavirus’ business impact: Evolving perspective
- The Shortlist: How to help working women get back on their feet
- NY Times: Covid’s Deadliest Phase May Be Here Soon
- The Atlantic: What Breakthrough Infections Can Tell Us
Remember to share any articles of interest and continue to provide feedback.
Stay safe and be happy,
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty, Pedro and Brian
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.