Congratulations to Antiguan Liam Benjamin who has made history in the USA. Liam sat and passed, not the usual one or two SOA exams, but SEVEN, while still in university!
Here’s the latest Caribbean Economic Report from Marla Dukharan.
- The SOA Announces First Component of Modernized Education System
- SOA: International Financial Reporting for Insurers (IFRI) Certificate Program
- The Actuary (SOA): Actuaries Speak A roundtable interview with three actuarial leaders who share their unique perspectives on communication
- IFoA Blog: Actuarial careers insight: What does a Business Development actuary do?
Events & Webinars:
- CAS Virtual Spring Meeting 24th-27th May
- CIA: Virtual Professionalism Workshop 26th May
- Actuarial Association of Europe: European Actuarial Days 2021 2nd & 3rd June
- SOA: Health Meeting 14th-16th June
- CIA Annual Conference 15th-18th June
- TASK (Kenya): Navigating IFRS17 Challenges (recording)
Elections are open in several actuarial bodies. We encourage all who have voting rights in any of these bodies to exercise those rights.
Food for Thought
Most American Presidents go on the lecture circuit after leaving the White House. Here’s one who followed a different path and, forty years later at 96, continues on that extraordinary path of public service in human rights, civil rights and preserving the environment. A lesson there for other politicians and, indeed, all of us?
- International Energy Agency: Net‐Zero Emissions by 2050
- The Guardian: Twenty firms produce 55% of world’s plastic waste, report reveals
- Live Science: Antarctica’s ‘Doomsday Glacier’ close to tipping point, unmanned sub reveals
Stay tuned for details on another exciting webinar coming to you in June!
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty, Pedro and Brian
The views expressed above are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.