We apologise if last Friday’s post was a bit strong on the fear factor. As restricted as we all feel in lockdown, especially when we see easing of restrictions in richer nations, we must continue to exercise caution.
We repeat the link which shows cumulative deaths, hospital resource use, infections and testing, daily deaths, mask use, social distancing for Trinidad and Tobago. Once you are on the link, you can access other countries from the dropdown. We suggest that you take some time and have a look.
It is our opinion that everyone with the opportunity to do so should be vaccinated. However, we do understand that some may opt out for personal or medical reasons.
Suggested weekend reading:
- CARICOM SG participates in Post-Disaster Recovery Roundtable
- PAHO: Arrival of COVID-19 vaccines to the Americas
- NY Times: Meet the Four Kinds of People Holding Us Back From Full Vaccination
- NY Times: Experts Urge Strict Workplace Air Quality Standards, in Wake of Pandemic
- Wired: The 60-Year-Old Scientific Screwup That Helped Covid Kill (a long but eye-opening read)
- The Guardian: What we know about the Indian Covid variant so far
- The Guardian: Animals are our overlooked allies in the fight against Covid
- IMF: A Proposal to End the COVID-19 Pandemic
- IMF Weekend Read: Ending the Pandemic | Global Taxation | Climate Change | Monitoring Pandemic Spending | Back to Basics
Remember to share any articles of interest and continue to provide feedback.
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty, Pedro and Brian
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.