This can happen anywhere!
Please take the time to go to this link which shows cumulative deaths, hospital resource use, infections and testing, daily deaths, mask use, social distancing for Trinidad and Tobago. There are variants emerging all over, many of which are more infectious. And remember that vaccines are not magic, do not work instantly and do not all have the same efficacy. Think of the SPREAD still taking place in highly vaccinated countries like Chile and the Seychelles.
Suggested weekend reading:
- CAS: Interplay between Epidemiology and Actuarial Modeling
- CARICOM: Barbados PM says pandemic panel’s report timely and excellent
- LOOP: AstraZeneca vaccine safe and effective for almost everyone – Figueroa
- International Policy: Social protection and Venezuelan migration in Latin America and the Caribbean in the context of COVID-19 (downloadable report)
- World Bank: Regional priorities for skills and technical education in the Eastern Caribbean States amid COVID-19
- Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation: The Potential Future of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- · Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy: Experts’ COVID predictions imperfect but better than public’s
- · McKinsey: Fast-forward: Will the speed of COVID-19 vaccine development reset industry norms?
- · IMF (podcast): Averting a COVID-19 Debt Trap
Remember to share any articles of interest and continue to provide feedback.
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty, Pedro and Brian
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.