Wishing all our members and friends a Happy Holiday Weekend!
We’re sharing a generous list of suggested links from which you may select your holiday reading.
Did you miss our recent webinar on the SOA Competency Framework? You can watch the recording on actuview.
- CARICOM: Cuba’s COVID-19 Vaccines
- PAHO: 32 countries and territories in the Americas have detected infection by one of three ‘variants of concern’
- The World Bank: World Bank’s Response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) In Latin America & Caribbean
- Marla Dukharan: The Pandemic’s Penalty: How Women Pay a Higher Price (Again!)
- IFoA: Actuarial Innovation in the COVID-19 era – 26th April-7th May (free to IFoA members and non-members)
- IMF: Giving Everyone a Fair Shot
- NY Times: Unlocking the Covid Code. Scientists can now sequence an entire genome overnight
- IAA: Introduction to Climate-Related Scenarios (webinar recording)
- CAS: 2021 Virtual Spring Meeting 24th-27th May
- IFoA: Behavioural Science Series with Keith Grint – Wicked Problems, Clumsy Solutions and Leading Change – webinar, 19th April (free to IFoA members and non-members)
Actuaries Outside the (Pensions & Insurance) Box:
- IFoA: Exploring the Change – A discussion with IFoA President, Tan Suee Chieh, about the global reach of the actuarial profession and what this perspective means for actuaries now and in the future. (video)
- IFoA Banking Community
- IFoA: Non-Traditional Paths
- CAS: Actuarial Review Presents: A Conversation With Frank Chang by Jessica Leong Frank’s non-traditional journey.
- SOA: Actuaries in Nontraditional Roles – An interview with Laura Bennett, FSA, Co-founder and CEO of Embrace Pet Insurance.
- GEM (Global Earthquake Model Foundation)
- Lloyd’s Register Foundation Institute for the Public Understanding of Risk
- Understanding Risk
Winding up Women’s Month, here is a thought to ponder.
- The Guardian: By changing young people’s attitudes, we can tackle violence against women
- The Independent: The gender gap: Messages that can affect the way boys and girls grow up
Remember to share any articles of interest and continue to provide feedback.
Stay Safe and Happy,
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty, Pedro and Brian
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.