Please continue to practice all protocols as it is very important in preventing the spread of COVID-19. Also note, we are aware of quite a few persons (one personally known to this writer) who have contracted the virus after taking the first dose of the vaccine.
We hear that some Jamaicans plan to march maskless tomorrow to protest the COVID-19 lockdowns. Bear in mind that transmissions in Jamaica are at the highest level EVER.
Suggested reading for the weekend:
- SOA/RGA/LIMRA/TAI: 2020 U.S. Individual Life COVID-19 Mortality Research
- IFoA: COVID-19 Actuaries Response Group on LinkedIn
- CARICOM: Clearing Arrangements For Excess Vaccines An Option – Barbados PM
- NY Times: The Covid testing slump
- NY Times: 14 Lessons for the Next Pandemic
- The Guardian: The next pandemic? It may already be upon us
- CARICOM: CARICAD: Horizon Newsletter Vol 4 Issue 1
- CARICOM: CDB says road to economic recovery will be arduous, but not impossible to navigate
- IMF Weekend: SDR | Trade | Climate Action | European Banks | Debt Challenges | China | Africa | Financial Inclusion
Remember to share any articles of interest and continue to provide feedback.
Stay safe and be happy.
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty, Pedro and Brian
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.