The CAA’s 2020 CPD attestation is now open. Ordinary, Associate and Affiliate members must attest each year that they are in compliance with the CPD Policy of their primary professional body. Please read our CPD Policy and complete your online attestation here.
This week we’re again looking through what others have to offer but this time looking a little further afield:
- The Society of Actuaries of Ireland: IFRS 17 Panel Discussion (video on actuview)
- European Actuarial Academy: The Future of Actuaries – Predicting what lies ahead (video on actuview)
- South African Actuarial Journal 2020: Interview with Craig Falconer (also a CAA member) on his road to becoming CEO of QED
- Actuaries Digital (Australia): Uncertainty and actuarial thinking
- Singapore Actuarial Society: Super Week 2020: Brave New Normal (seminar videos)
- AM Best: Remote Claims Handling, Medical and Behavior Data and the Benefits of Captives (recorded webinars)
- IAA section Actuaries without Borders dissolved in December 2020. Read about the new independent entity Actuaires du Monde
We’re repeating STUDENT information shared last week in case you missed it:
From the SOA’s website, Prometric Testing Centers – Answers to Your Questions. The CAS also gave an update on exams: Letter to Candidates from the CAS President and CEO Regarding CAS Exams.
Also from the SOA are SOA Professionalism Courses – Changing gears after 30 years and 2021 Student Research Case Study Challenge.
Students may also contact us at email@example.com
Did you miss the IAA’s 3-part mini-series on Risk-based Financial Management and Supervision, in collaboration with the Access to Insurance Initiative (A2ii) and the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS)? One module, Using Actuarial Reports – Getting the Added Value, was presented by Britta Hay and Stuart Wason. Recordings of these and other IAA webinars are available on their YouTube channel.
Please visit our website, Facebook page and LinkedIn page.
Stay safe and be happy,
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty, Pedro and Brian
The views expressed above are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.