Looking at the world totals, we observe a significant drop in the daily new cases and deaths over the last week when compared to the previous week.
A significant number of countries have stricter measures with regard to managing the spread. The major countries contributing to the spread have started vaccination programs which seems to be going well with a few debates as to efficacy of the various vaccines available and the new strains that we are now being exposed to. More vaccines are on the way.
Maintaining the protocols that are in place is essential to controlling the spread of COVID-19.
Testing is critical, proper hygiene, social distancing, mask-wearing, avoiding large groups of people and so on all contribute to our health and safety, ultimately our freedom and happiness.
Shubhash lost a friend in Trinidad yesterday to COVID-19. He was doing everything that he should to be safe. His wife is a pharmacist, one sister a doctor, another a health inspector, so he had access to proper care.
- CARICOM Today: COVID-19 Vaccine
- UWI Media Centre: UWI COVID-19 Task Force Chairman speaks on COVID-19 Vaccines
- France 24: French Caribbean islands in dire straits as new Covid rules hit
- IMF Weekend Read: A Winding Road to Recovery for Latin America, Caribbean
- NY Times: Coronavirus Briefing: The future of the vaccine rollout
- McKinsey: How consumer companies are adopting agility during the COVID-19 pandemic
Remember to share any articles of interest and continue to provide feedback.
Stay safe and happy.
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty, Pedro and Brian
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.