WOW! We’ve reached a hundred million cases worldwide!
For most of us, this was a normal business week. Feedback from vaccine programs worldwide and further lockdowns in response to new strains of COVID-19 have dominated the headlines. The effect on Europe has been rioting in response to further lockdowns.
Florida has a new tourism product – vaccine tourism. Many Jamaicans, and presumably the wider Caribbean, have been travelling to Florida to be vaccinated.
Enhance your CPD with our 2020 Conference recorded sessions on Actuview. The other big topic:
- IFRS-17 Implementation Challenges for the Caribbean
- IFRS-17 Progress Report – Views from the Regulators
- A new UNESCO Report calls for better education data and action to include those left behind in the Caribbean, as it faces up to the pandemic
- IDB works with health ministries, private sector to prepare vaccine rollout
- IMF Weekend Read: World Economic Outlook | Climate Economy | Global Financial Stability Report | Fiscal Monitor | Economic Institutions | Gulf Economies
- IMF: A Race Between Vaccines and the Virus as Recoveries Diverge (govdelivery.com)
- McKinsey: The risks and challenges of the global COVID-19-vaccine rollout
- National Geographic: COVID-19 will likely be with us forever. Here’s how we’ll live with it
- NYT: What If You Never Get Better From Covid-19?
- Healthcare IT news: New AI model can predict length of COVID-19 hospitalization
- FP Insider: The World After the Coronavirus
Remember to share any articles of interest and continue to provide feedback.
Stay safe and happy.
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty, Pedro and Brian
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.