This was an historic week as we saw the Inauguration of the 46th President of the USA and the first woman and person of colour as the Vice President.
Immediately, they have implemented strict COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions. With new strains and increasing infections, we expect significant changes especially as some major cities worldwide has entered Tier 4 lockdown. Notably, Toronto and London have serious fines for breaches of the Tier 4 lockdown measures.
Conference 2020 – recorded sessions on actuview. Here are two presentations from recent UWI graduates which were not included among our live sessions:
- The Big 4: Non-Communicable Diseases and Caribbean Mortality
- Asset-Liability Mismatch: The Search for Yield in Pension Plans
- CNW: The Caribbean to Begin Receiving COVID Vaccines in March
- World Bank’s Response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) In Latin America & Caribbean
- IMF: Optimistic but Cautionary Recovery | Focus on Latin America, Africa, France and Germany | Global Uncertainty | Making America More Equal (govdelivery.com)
- NY Times: Covid Response Was a Global Series of Failures, W.H.O.-Established Panel Says
We end the week’s suggested reading with two articles from the Guardian (UK) which have nothing at all to do with the coronavirus or actuarial matters but which might nevertheless be of interest:
- Should you keep using WhatsApp? Plus five tips to start the year with your digital privacy intact
- Wikipedia at 20: last gasp of an internet vision, or a beacon to a better future?
Remember to share any articles of interest and continue to provide feedback.
Please visit our website, Facebook page and LinkedIn page.
Stay safe and happy.
Your News Team: Shubhash, Betty, Pedro and Brian
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.
2 thoughts on “Weekly COVID-19 Update – January 22”
I have been looking on ACTUVIEW and on caa.com.bb for a taped CAS presentation on Disaster Recovery from Catastrophes prepared for the CAA Virtual Conference. I recall seeing it listed but have never seen it on a website.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Those were existing CAS presentations which are available on their website at https://www.pathlms.com/cas/product_bundles/1691
LikeLiked by 1 person