Today’s Open Mic revisits Climate Change.
Several members have sent us links since our first post on this critical topic.
Are you interested in joining our Caribbean Climate Index Working Party? Send us an email.
- IAA: Importance of Climate-Related Risks for Actuaries
- From Australia:
- Actuaries Digital: Institute Public Policy Statement
- Actuaries Institute: Climate Change – Information note for Appointed Actuaries (draft)
- Climate KIC: Climate Measurement Standards Initiative
- The Actuary (SOA): Emerging Risks: Climate Risk
- The Actuaries Climate Index
- NY Times: Brazil Fires Burn World’s Largest Tropical Wetlands at ‘Unprecedented’ Scale
- NY Times: Climate Hub
- The Guardian: World leaders pledge to halt Earth’s destruction ahead of UN summit
- The Guardian: Age of Extinction
- BBC: Climate Change – The Facts: David Attenborough (video)
- BBC: Science & Environment
- The IMF and Climate Change
Bringing It Home: (Screenshot of National Hurricane Center’s home page taken 15.09.20)
Remember to send your submissions or ideas in time for next Wednesday’s Open Mic!
Shubhash & Betty
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.