As the world has been experiencing a flood of new cases, we take the opportunity to remind you of a few basic tips to reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19:
- Pay attention to basic personal hygiene i.e. regular washing/sanitising of hands, no touching of face and use of face mask.
- Avoid crowds – even if people are following the protocols, you do not know with whom they were in contact previously.
- Reduce exposure to high risk areas e.g. grocery stores, banks, etc.
- Sanitise personal spaces often i.e. car, home, office space.
- Observe simple things like a sanitising protocol when entering your home having been in public spaces.
- Focus on building your immunity: nutrition, exercise and attention to your health.
For those interested in the Stringency Index, here is a summary of a few Caribbean countries.
Suggested weekend reading:
SKN Observer: First Caribbean COVID-19 Vaccine To Start Human Trials
Addressing Fake News:
Keep sending comments and feedback. They are greatly appreciated.
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.