As at the end of June, worldwide, the average daily increase for new cases was 171,000 and deaths 4,000. A week ago, these numbers were 230,000 and 5,300 respectively. Today the numbers are 260,000 and 6,300. We are adding 1 million plus new cases every 4 days.
Today’s interesting links:
- CARPHA: Country Hotline and Web Address COVID-19
- CNW: Caribbean Unveils Initiatives to Support Tourism Sector
- BBC News: Pandemic cost tourism industry “at least $20bn”
- BBC News: Coronavirus in South Africa: Why the low fatality rate may be misleading
- IMF Blog: Corruption and COVID-19
Also of Interest: CFASJ Risk Management Webinar: Managing Risk During Periods of Uncertainty takes place on 30th July at 6:30pm (Jamaica time)
Your feedback is much appreciated. Please continue.
The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of the CAA. Data included in graphs has been obtained from several sources the accuracy of which cannot be guaranteed by the CAA. The CAA assumes no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of content contained in any linked site.